- What are the symptoms of liver cancer?
- What is liver cancer?
- Treatment of liver cancer
- How to distinguish liver cancer from other similar diseases?
- Diagnosis of liver cancer
- Classification of liver cancer
- What is the reason for the development of liver cancer?
- How frequent is liver cancer?
Recognition of liver cancer, especially in the initial stage, is difficult, since there are no specific liver cancer symptoms. Therefore, liver cancer is often diagnosed in the far-called stages. History data (fever, pain in the right side of the stomach, increasing of the liver) is important, as well as clinical examination (strain or increase of abdomen, expressed subcutaneous vasculature in the upper half of the abdomen, changing of the shape and size of the liver).
Laboratory researches show hypochromic anemia, leukocytosis, ESR acceleration, increase of transaminase and alkaline phosphatase.
Other techniques are widely used: diagnostic radioisotope and ultrasonic scanning of the liver, CT, MRI, laparoscopy with the sighting of liver biopsy, splenoportography, aortography, selective celiacography.